Here are examples of the many kinds of service I perform:
- Setup Out of the Box!
- Maybe just bought a computer, a printer, or some other piece of
equipment and you just want it set up. You don't have the time
or the inclination to mess with unwrapping, removing stickers and
spacers, and hooking things together. Don't worry! I can
do all of that for you.
- New Internet connection? Move-over to a new location?
I can deal with Comcast, AT&T, Sonic, or other Internet providers for
you. You don't need the stress and we're used to dealing with
Internet providers in the language they speak!
- Your Internet doesn't work! Or it's flaky.
What's wrong? Is it on your Internet provider's end? Is it
the modem (the black box)? Is it the router? Is there
something wrong with your computer? I figure it all out for
- Computer Hardware Support
- Power Supplies - Heavy-duty power supplies for long-term
- Memory - High quality upgrades to speed up your existing
- Hard Drives - Replacement or expansion. Backups copied,
- Video Cards - Replacement or enhancement - feed 2 monitors such
as for projection classroom screen use
- Audio Cards - High fidelity stereo replacement or enhancement
- Network Cards (Ethernet and Wireless) - Faster Internet access
and wireless routing
- General Maintenance - Dust removal (prevents
overheating), checking voltages (for possible future failures),
checking hard drive health (to avert possible future problems)
- Hardware support for laptops and netbooks is limited to Memory, Hard Drives, and Dust Removal
(overheating problems). This is because the work involved in
replacing screens, motherboards, etc., is usually more expensive
than buying a new laptop. We're just being honest about it.
- Most printers aren't worth fixing, but when they are, I can
usually do it.
- I can set up multiple computers to talk to one printer, or to
many printers, even if they don't have network capability!
- File Sharing
- What good is an office full of computers if they don't talk to
each other? I can set up file sharing so that some files are
available to all computers in the office (maybe your Outlook
schedule?) while other files are kept private.
- I can even set up your system so you can log in remotely from
home as if you were in the office. Saves time and trouble!
- Software Malware Issues & Support
- Viruses, adware, and spyware removed
- Re-directs, annoying pop-ups, and unwanted software removed
- Computers speeded up, usually back to factory speed - even
with computers 5 to 7 years old!
- 60-day guarantee on malware removal
- nobody else, not
even Geek Squad offers this kind of guarantee!
- Modems & Routers
- Configuring modems, routers, hubs, and extenders
for maximum throughput, maximum security, and maximum flexibility.
- Troubleshooting issues with your Internet Service
Provider (ISP), so you don't have to bother.
- We'll talk to Comcast, AT&T, Sonic, or other Internet providers
for you so you don't have to get frustrated!
- Setting up sub-routers for extra security and
extended wireless coverage, even from building to building!
- Security Cameras
- Setting up new cameras and replacing bad cameras
- Troubleshooting camera servers for Internet
browsing of cameras
- Purchasing high-quality cameras and servers
(there's a lot of junk out there!)
- Audio & Video
- If it talks to standard audio equipment I can make
- If it hooks up to standard video equipment I can
probably make it work, too.
- Specialty Services
- Quickbooks? I can unlock multi-user mode so that you can do
your books on multiple computers
- Microsoft Outlook? I can usually fix wrecked Outlook files
and speed up your access to your email.
- Outlook Alerts: Do you regularly get special email from a
particular company or person? Do you need a special audio alert
such as a bell or chime to let you know when this specific kind of
email comes in? I can set that up for you!
- Specialty software problems? In your particular industry
such as education or food, you usually have special software. I can deal with the software or hardware vendor for you, and get things
set up properly, so that you can spend your time more productively.
- Backups? I have a nifty way of setting up completely
automatic daily backups of your data. No need to ever think
about it. These backups can be done within a computer or from
all the computers on your network to one or two backups. Again,
it's all automatic.